Answered By: Colin Magee Last Updated: May 12, 2021 Views: 4
The library staff are happy to instruct students on how to use the library and its many resources. The Loman C. Trover Library comes equipped with a library instruction classroom (LRC213) with seating for up to 24 students and 18 laptops for hands-on instruction. We are proud to offer the following methods of library instruction at Madisonville Community College:
- Point-of-use instruction and modeling of appropriate practices (at the Help Desk or by appointment).
- Tours of the library facility and basic information about the online resources available.
- Library subject guides and online information literacy assistance (through the library's Get Answers platform).
- Organized library instruction to students taking writing in English 101 and English 102 classes.
- Course-specific instruction geared to a particular discipline, topic, or assignment.
In order to ensure an optimal learning environment, we ask that faculty please schedule library instruction and class visits in advance. Library instruction and class visits are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
To request library instruction, contact: